Mental Health – Program Breakdown
- #EverydayBrainHealth Youth explore and share stories about the connection between our minds and our emotions, how specific chemicals in the brain impact our mental health, and what we can do to strengthen our mental health.
- #EverydayStigma Youth explore and share stories about local perceptions of mental health and the stigma that comes from our communities related to mental illness.
- #EverydayScreenFree Youth explore and share stories about the correlation between excessive social media use, screen time, and mental health.
- #EverydayAction Youth design action plans for breaking down mental health stigmas.
- Examine the chemical reactions in your brain
- Understand the different chemicals that are released in times of happiness and stress
- Explore the stigma surrounding mental health in your local community
- Reflect on the ways that mental health stigma are created and perpetuated
- Consider the role of social media in mental health
- Explore methods of reducing stress and mental health challenges in your daily life
- Set a goal to support positive mental health for all
- Know how stories help connect us to one another
- Video content
- Learning checks
- Audio narration
- Youth narration
- Story Share assignments
- Global repository of stories
This course aligns to:
- United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals
- English Language Arts Standards
- Asia Society Global Competencies
- 21st Century Skills
- Casel’s Social Emotional Learning
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS STANDARDS
|CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.WHST.6-8.6: Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and present the relationships between information and ideas clearly and efficiently.|
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.3: Identify key steps in a text’s description of a process related to history/social studies
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.11-12.3: Evaluate various explanations for actions or events and determine which explanation best accords with textual evidence, acknowledging where the text leaves matters uncertain.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.11-12.7: Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in diverse formats and media (e.g., visually, quantitatively, as well as in words) in order to address a question or solve a problem.
ASIA SOCIETY GLOBAL COMPETENCIES
|Investigate the world|
21ST CENTURY SKILLS
|Critical Thinking and Problem Solving|
Creativity and Innovation
Flexibility and Adaptability
Initiative and Self-Direction
Productivity and Accountability
Leadership and Responsibility
CASEL SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL LEARNING
Responsible Decision Making
UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
|Goal 1: No poverty|
Goal 4: Quality Education
Goal 5: Gender Equality
Goal 10: Reduced Inequality
Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals