GIVING YOUTH WORLDWIDE A VIRTUAL SPACE TO CONNECT AND TELL STORIES
- Students engage online with global peers through asynchronous exchange.
- One device per 3-5 students
- Six lessons implemented over the course of 12 weeks.
- A minimum of 2 hours per week required.
- Collaborating Classrooms is best suited for global elective courses, advisory periods, or after school programs where flexibility exists.
Campfire: Collaborating Classrooms curriculum align to the following standards:
- United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals
- English Language Proficiency
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- 21st Century Skills
- Casel’s Social & Emotional Learning
- Asia Society Global Education
GNG’S ONLINE PLATFORM
Our private, online platform (Canvas LMS) guides educators through virtual program training prior to implementation. The platform provides students with an engaging and safe space to share stories via text, photos, and videos.
Campfire is supported by the Stevens Initiative, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, with funding provided by the U.S. Government, and is administered by the Aspen Institute. 2019-2020 Campfire programs are also made possible with the support of the Bezos Family Foundation, PhotoWings, Poly, and U.S. Embassy Tunis.
GNG has a strong commitment to providing each and every student the opportunity to develop the global competency skills to be successful in our world regardless of a school’s ability to pay. We place great value on the diversity of our classrooms from across the world and offer technology and financial assistance to enable participation across the socio-economic spectrum.
Complete the form to the right for more details.