Art in Action – Program Breakdown
- #EverydayArtifacts: Teens explore art movements around the world and share stories about an artistic artifact in their lives
- #EverydayLocalArts: Teens explore local artistic expressions and share stories rooted in their local culture(s) and community
- #EverydayGlobalArts: Teens explore global works of art with a social message and share stories about these pieces
- #EverydayAction: Teens design an artistic intervention to address a compelling social issue
- View different types of art and reflect on how everyday artistic artifacts in their lives carry personal and cultural meaning, and stories worth sharing
- Learn the different elements of culture and how they manifest in artistic expressions in their local communities
- Explore how art expresses a person’s lived experience and culture
- Create art (in the format of their choice) to tell a story about their local culture
- Learn how art in all its forms can influence social movements and affect change in societies
- Explore the power of art and storytelling in bringing people together from different cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
- Explore the social impact of art by creating artistic representations of and/or interventions to an issue or topic of global concern.
- Video content
- Learning checks
- Audio narration
- Youth narration
- Story Share assignments
- Global repository of stories
This course aligns to:
- National Arts Standards
- Asia Society Global Competencies
- 21st Century Skills
- Casel Social & Emotional Learning
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
NATIONAL ARTS STANDARDS
|Anchor Standard #1. Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.|
Anchor Standard #2. Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
Anchor Standard #3. Refine and complete artistic work.
Anchor Standard #4. Select, analyze and interpret artistic work for presentation.
Anchor Standard #5. Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
Anchor Standard #6. Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
Anchor Standard #7. Perceive and analyze artistic work.
Anchor Standard #8. Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
Anchor Standard #10. Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
Anchor Standard #11. Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and
historical context to deepen understanding.
ASIA SOCIETY GLOBAL COMPETENCIES
|Investigate the world|
21ST CENTURY SKILLS
|Critical Thinking and Problem Solving|
Creativity and Innovation
Flexibility and Adaptability
Initiative and Self-Direction
Productivity and Accountability
Leadership and Responsibility
CASEL SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL LEARNING
Responsible Decision Making
UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
|Goal 4: Quality Education|
Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions